Procedures for Thursdays at Mud Creek:
Students will be officially registered in a class once the non-refundable deposit has been received by the designated teacher. Classes are available on a first come first serve basis. Parents and students must agree to follow the procedures and conduct as outlined.
- There will be a designated ‘House Mom’, Carmen McAfee, who will be on campus each Thursday for the sole purpose to help facilitate the procedures laid out in this document.
- There will be a minimum of 2 additional teachers on site at all times.
- Due to the nature of parking and the limitations of space all other adults and children not enrolled in classes should only be on site during the designated drop off and pick up time frames.
- No parent parking will be allowed on the driveway and must remain open for clear and efficient traffic flow for drop off and pick up in the driveway.
- To respect our neighbors, please refrain from parking along the street or in the cul-de-sacs at either end of our street.
Drop off and Pick up:
- Students should be dropped off in the designated area on time and promptly picked up at the conclusion of class.
- Our facilitator is only responsible for implementing procedures and not for watching students who are dropped off early or not picked up on time.
- If a student is consistently picked up late, they may not be allowed to attend future classes. Parents should arrive to pick up their student before the designated end time.
- Early drop off will not be allowed. Students should be dropped off no more than 5 minutes prior to class.
- Students are only allowed on site while they are attending their enrolled class.
- Tuition is due the first Thursday of the month.
- Tuition cash or checks should be made out to each teacher unless arrangements have been made for direct deposits or scheduled mailed payments.
- If paying Cash, each teacher’s payment needs to in a separate envelope. Label each envelope with the teacher and students name.
- Tuition will be collected by the ‘House Mom’ Carmen McAfee during student drop off.
- Late tuition will result in a $10 additional late fee. Tuition is due at the time of drop off on the first Thursday of the month.
- Tuition is the total cost of the class. The total cost is divided into 8 months of payments; therefore, the tuition for the month of (Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, March, and April) will be the same regardless of the number of class days in the month.
- In the event that a teacher needs to cancel a class due to illness, the teacher will pro-rate tuition.
- If a student is absent, the tuition is not pro-rated. Students must be free of fever, vomiting, and diarrhea for 24 hours before attending classes
- If classes need to be cancelled due to inclement weather, tuition will not be pro-rated and we will meet May 9th as a make-up day.
- Thursdays at Mud Creek will follow the Rockwall ISD inclement weather cancellations unless otherwise notified. In the event of cancellation we will notify via email and Facebook group.
Classes will begin Thursday, September 6th and end Thursday, May 2nd. Classes will not meet on the following Thursdays:
- November 22
- December 20 and 27
- January 3
- March 14
- Students are expected to come to class prepared and ready to learn.
- Students are to respect all adults, peers and their environment.
- Students should remain in their designated and assigned areas while on site.
- Any discipline issues will be addressed by the teacher directly to the parent.
- If discipline problems persist, the student will not be permitted to continue enrollment in the class.
- Students that become a distraction to the learning environment will not be tolerated.
- A one-time facility fee due no later than September 6th.
- If paying by check please make out to Mud Creek Studio.
- This fee will cover facility expenses such as toilet paper, soap, paper towels, first aid kit etc…
- The facility fee will be $10 per student /per class enrolled in. Not to exceed $50 per family.
Procedure and Liability Form:
Each family will be required to sign procedures, contact info and liability waiver form to be on file prior to attending classes.
Food and Drink:
- A water bottle with a lid is encouraged. Please label with your students name.
- No other drinks allowed
- No Gum allowed
- Breakfast Bar/Granola type bar will be allowed for a Snack between classes.
- Students enrolled in Literature Dialogs class will be allowed to bring a sack lunch to be eaten during class time.